May 14, 2011

Dyno Day @ The Car Guys Garage

Got a chance for a little high octane, high horse power fun this morning at The Car Guys Garge in Pinckney, MI. My dad brought his car down for a little tuning on the dyno with hopes some small changes and tuning would be enough for him to break the 9 sec barrier in the 1/4 mile this season. It was a pretty eventful morning. Unfortunately, not for good reasons. I had to make run up to Discount Tire due to a screw in the side wall of my dad's trailer. Plus the car was missing pretty significantly on the first pull and the rest of the time I was able to spend at the shop was primarily used up chasing down the miss that continued occur around 6000rprm. Plugs, cap, rotors, wires etc. Plus, a jet change in the carb were all attempted. I did get a chance to watch a 1/2 dozen or so pulls. Which was a pretty cool sight and a near deafening experience. Even with the missing, the car was still putting down a solid 600hp to 630hp at the rear wheels on each pull.

Here is video and some pictures I snapped at the operation. In case you are wondering, that's a 1967 Chevy II Nova with a 572 cubic inch motor. The motor put out 958hp on a motor dyno before it was put in the car. All motor. No turbo, super charger or nitrous. The pictures don't due it justice. Especially, because I took them on my phone. It's probably one of the nicest car's I've ever seen. And I'm not saying that just because it's my dad's car. The orange car is the shop sponsored car. I beileve I overheard it runs mid 7's in the 1/4 mile.













No comments:

Post a Comment