April 29, 2011

April Showers Bring Big Giant Dandelions

Things have been very busy since the arrival of our newest. Especially, given he's been pretty fussy. As always, my wife has been amazing with him. I do what I can but, certainly don't have the stamina or maternal instinct to make me Super Dad. Certainly an area I need to improve in. It's been a realy joy. It's already hard for me to remember life without 3 kids.



What’s up with this weather? There seems to be no end to the rain and cold. Despite the cold, Spring seems to have powered through and started making an appearance. Things are beginning to green up and before I know it, there may even be leaves on the trees. But, what did all these April showers bring my lawn? Big giant dandelions. Hundreds of them. Huge ones. Even after I treated the lawn. I didn’t notice until my Grandfather commented on them the last time he was over. So, now we have bare spots from lack of watering, areas of dead grass due to grubs and weeds galore. I need to take some pictures of these beasts. Not only do I have some work pulling weeds ahead of me, I think it’s time I hire a professional to battle these lawn issues before things get even more out of control.
I mailed in our team’s GLR entry yesterday. Team name is officially “End of Days.” I am pretty excited. In preparation for the race in July, I’ve been trying to run 3-4 times a week the past two weeks. At least 45 min at a time. I still have a loooong way to go. However, my 45-50+ min loop is becoming a 43-45 min loop pretty consistently. I am sure it’s in part, due to the weather and lack of snow on the ground. But, I am hoping it’s partially due to my conditioning improving.
I haven’t ridden a bike since Yankee. Not good. There has just been too much rain and no chance to hit the windows when it’s let up. I hear the trails aren’t terrible but, they still have to be pretty muddy. I am hoping to get in a ride early tomorrow am before the kid’s karate class. It’s going to have to early. It looks like it’ll be chilly and I am doubting Maybury, the only chance in close enough vicinity to me, is going to be in good enough shape. So, I’ll likely be Hines and hills in Northville.

No comments:

Post a Comment