March 05, 2011

Too many races, too little time.

Trying lock down a race schedule for this year. With the baby coming, they never ending projects on the house, kids activities and whatever else, it pays to have a plan. I am simply overwhelmed with trying to lock down a decision on what races to put on the calendar. I am trying to stick to one a month. July is impossible with two of the greatest running events on the planet. I am finding it near impossible to make a decision on August. Maybury XC, Ore to Shore, 6 & 12 hours of Pando, Big M, Stoney. I want to do them all. I'll likely have to make fate decide and determine which one or two I choose as the date draws closer.

My training has been nearly none existent over the winter. Work, commuting to and from work, house projects and being sick are the story of my winter. I seem to be just kicking my sinus infection and was hoping to run this weekend. But, of course, it's looking like it'll rain 24 hours a day both today and tomorrow. I don't know why I abandoned my pre-work, workout schedule. It's the only realistic timeframe that I'll be consistent. Oh yeah, because I am a night owl and HATE waking up early.

Nothing really exciting on the bike front for this year. I am hoping to win a Redline D680 frame on ebay I am currently bidding on. Coupled with a new set of bars and MRP chain guide, my Motobecane will be reborn. I am hoping to wear through its drive train using it tow my kids on the tag along on many BTT  rides on Saturday mornings. My Specialized StumpCreaker will be receiving at least a new set of Kenda tires (hoping the Slant Sixes will be available and as light as Small Block 8's), likely a slightly longer stem and possibly some new bars as well. Still kicking around the idea of ditching my Fox fork for a White Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment