March 02, 2010

I've got me pair of cheap sunglasses

Given I haven't been able to make up my mind on the great "Gears" or "One Gear" debate this year, I've been holding back on any large bicycle purchases this year. So, I've hade to set my sights on the little stuff. For example, some new shades for the season. Last year I debated and debated, trying to determine how to spend way too much money on a pair a versatile, yet durable pair of sunglasses to wear while cycling. I just couldn’t justify spending ~$100 on pair of sunglasses that I knew wouldn’t last the season. So, a little time and some googling and I settled on these bad boys.


Yep, some good ol’ fashioned, cheap, safety glasses. Three pairs in fact. One, clear, one tinted and an amber pair for those overcast days. All for the low price of about $20 with shipping. I expected these to break on their first trip to the trail or first crash but, they’ve help up pretty well. Also, given the face they are frameless, they make great cycling glasses since they don’t obstruct your vision in any way. So, I am considering buying a couple more pairs for this season. Mostly, to replace my regular sunglasses that have seen better days. What’s better than a pair of sunglasses you don’t have to worry about losing or getting broken? The added bonus is that every dollar I save on glasses can be better spent on new bike parts. I encourage anyone out there looking for cycling eyewear to give them some consideration.



1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Just wanted to reach out and thank you for the mention! We appreciate both the business and the the blog entry. I think you'll find the glasses quite nice.

    From all of us here at Cooper Safety - Thanks again.

    Andrew Wintheiser
    Founder - Cooper Safety

    ReplyDelete