March 13, 2010

Mak'n the best of it.

Well, this crappy weather was good for something today. The kids and I took another tour of the Henry Ford Museum. The kids had a blast. We used the little machines there that create little injection molded cars and trucks and I had to keep them from running as they pretended to race them through the museum. They even had the big steam engine running while we where there. That's are real site to see. Almost as cool as the giant locomotive they've got in there.

I even broke out the trainer this evening and put in a solid 30 minutes. Compared to the hour long spin class this morning, things were much more enjoyable on the trainer.

I've been day dreaming about the new bike a ton lately and keep having what I can only describe as "daymares" that I am going to get the bike and it'll be too big and I'll be all laid out and miserable on it. Knowing the road bike I have is even larger than the Giant I have on order, I decided to officially check my saddle position with a plum bob tonight. Turns out I had my seat in completely incorrect on my bike. I had it as far forward as possible when it really needed to be back as far as possible. I always felt so stretched out on my road bike.  Which was one of the reasons I had the seat forward. Even, though looking at the pictures of me in a road race last year, it was clearly not the case. I clearly ride in a more upright position. But, I felt that way anyway. Especially, when riding on the hoods. Even after moving the seat back, I am still sitting a little upright compared to the rough check of having the bar obscure the front axle of the bike. I did some spinning on the trainer and it felt good so, I will give it a shot. I also changed my cleat position on my shoes. I clearly had them too far forward. Way in front of the center of the ball of my foot. I have  nice crack that has formed in my shoes that made this pretty clear.

Corktown 5k tomorrow. Hoping we aren't rained out.

No comments:

Post a Comment