June 13, 2011

8 days streak

8 days. 1 day of cycling and 7 of running. At least three runs over an hour. What is the significance of that? It's the most training/exercise I've strung together in a row since 2009.  I know, pretty pathetic. But, a win none the less. After a week of running in worn out shoes my knees are saying "loose some weight, get some new shoes or ride some of the $6k in bikes you have rotting in the basement." My mind and body seems to say " I want more." I am amazed at what 9 hours on a bike ending in near exhaustion results in. Besides some sort of a spark in motivation, it's made a 45min run fly by in what feels like 15. Now that "fingers crossed" the weather seems to have broken, I think I'll plan to get up in the am and climbs some hills on the cx bike. Maybe get in a couple of loops on Maybury this week as well. Hoping to make it out to Poto or somewhere fun this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment