June 17, 2011

Random Friday Thoughts

  • Woke up at 4:15ish when the wife woke to feed the baby. Couldn't fall back asleep.
  • Laid in bed making an attempt at sleep until ~5am. No dice.
  • Near 60 degrees this morning. Did someone say bike ride?
  • My wife looks pretty when she sleeps. I much prefer it over when she walks through the house frowning and slouching.
  • My new blinky light fits two of my bike saddles. Maybe because they are the same.
  • My cx bike looks funny with 700X32, smoothy tires. Like an old Schwinn or something.
  • Apple Cytomax tastes good before 6am.
  • I love my cx bike. It seems to fit me perfectly. I love not having to avoid anything and still go fast with big but, smooth tires. I need to order some wider bars for it. Sometimes I wish it had 175mm cranks. It'd make mashing up hills more painful and fun.
  • Why do I like wide bars on road bikes but, narrow on my MTB's?
  • Hines Drive is amazing on a summer morning. It's no Blue Ridge Parkway but, still beautiful. Saw a motorcyclist stop and take a picture of the sun rise. Certainly a beautiful morning.
  • I barely rode last year and even less this year. My shoes are squeaking like crazy and clearly are not as rigid as before. I hate creaks and squeaks. Need to go into Trails Edge and look into some carbon shoes.
  • "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is still an unbelievable song. Came on when I was in the car yesterday. I about blew the speakers out of the doors. Still raging in my head.
  • Can you taste air? Spring/Summer air is so much different than Winter air. I swear I can taste it.
  • Time is still flying by when I run or ride. 9 hours on a bike has done strange things to my internal clock. I wonder if 9 hours on a bike would seem long now? Oops, I've been riding for 40 min. Time to flip and head back.
  • Lumberjack is tomorrow. I am hoping to get some real time updates from the folks supporting the team during the race. I need to send of some form of insulting but, motivating text messages tonight.
  • I want to ride a century this weekend. I have never done one outside of a race. Tomorrow's probably my only window. More rain forecasted. Sh*tty. Most importantly, I wanted to make part of it the BTT ride. Miss those.
  • Why does my knee hurt when I ride my bike but, not when I am running lately? Totally opposite of usual.
  • I need to put a computer on my cx bike. I should have been more careful with my Garmin last year. How fast am I going?
  • I rode up and down 5 mile hill for 30 minutes on Tues. Why is it so steep today?
  • Why do I sweat so much? This is why I can't seem to finish a race with my sun glasses on. I fill them with sweat and they become a foggy, blurry mess.
  • I think I could commute to work 2-3 days a week if I didn't have to carry a laptop. Even it it's 70+ miles a day. Maybe I'll try it in July if I get the Motobecane built back up.
  • GLR is going to be great. I think I am going to take my car this year. Even if someone will have to lay down in the back seat to fit. I need to bite the bullet and get a new car. Mine stinking like sweaty feet may be just be the motivation.
  • I think I will take the kids for ice cream tonight if the weather is good. Maybe to the Dairy Go Round since it's a little farther. Evan will get a kick out of measuring the distance if I can get the computer I ordered for him on his bike before hand.
  • Friday is "no shave" day! My head at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment