June 18, 2011

BTT Super Epic - 6/18

Gotta keep it brief. I am supposed to be working on a presentation for work.

Turned out to be an awesome morning. Up at 4:15, out the door at 4:47 and met up with Tom Sterling @ 5:15 for the ride into D-town. Turns out it's 30 miles to Fort Wayne and the start of BTT versus the 20ish I had thought. So, I knew once we arrived at the Fort I'd by putting on some serious miles on the bike today. Even if all of them weren't going to be blazing. So, it ends up being about 90 miles to ride to and from my place and to the ride the ride itself. Throw in some loops on the hills in downtown Northville (Why am I doing hill repeats after 90 miles of riding? I must have a screw loose.) and that equals 100. That's my first 100 miles on a bike in a day outside a race. The ride in and out was definitely some good training 18-21mph all the way on the MTB. I think I averaged about 16mph if I recall what my computer stated. Yeah, BTT is a pretty chill ride and pulled the average down quiet a bit. Great to see Andy E., Andy S. & Jason from the team. Enjoyed the ride back with them. Plus good seeing the some of the BTT regulars. BTT Super Epic completed. Nice turn out for the ride as well. I believe the count was 40. Still can't beileve that Andy can remember everyone's name so quickly.

Tried something new and dumped the pics I snapped from my picasa album versus a link. Hope they don't swamp your browser. The pictures don't do the ride justice. Riding in the D is a riot. So much to see and so much character. Still debating commuting in on Mon. & Fri. Even after discovering it's going to be over 30 miles one way. Need to get the Motobecane cobbled back together first. And I am a pretty ugly dude. Even uglier at 6am in the morning. Evidence below.



































No comments:

Post a Comment